I broke it down to four main categories for y'all. These were just a few things of the top of my head, but also things I like to do and plan to do this Spring!
Here's another idea to keep in mind while you're doing your Spring cleaning -- keep anything that you don't necessarily want or need but don't want to get rid of. Save these things like makeup, toiletries, books, magazines, clothes etc and plan a swap with friends! I'm planning a little something with the girls from my work and we're all going to bring in stuff we want to swap. I think everyone has stuff lying around that they bought that just didn't work for them, but they feel they don't want to throw it away so they hold on to it!
So there you go! Plan a little swap with pals and then get on this cleaning list and you'll be feeling pretty darn productive.
- Clean out the entire fridge! Take everything out - throw out anything that is expired, or just not needed. Take this time to spray down and clean the actual fridge too.
- Take everything off the counter for a good scrub down
- Clean out the food cupboard & pantry - throw away any stale, unused food and refresh the layout of the cupboard so that there's more room and everything is accessible!
- Junk drawer - if you've got one of these take everything out! Throw away any of the random things you've managed
- Do inventory - what do you need?! Also, what do you now have ROOM for after that big clean out? Stock up on spices, food, and anything other things to make your kitchen dreams come true.
- Switch out any sponges, cloths and towels with new, fresh, bright ones!
living room //
- Go through books and magazines! Maybe you'll find something that re-sparks your interest and the time is right to read it now. Look through your magazines to see if there are any articles you really liked and save them (I always do this!) Recycle or donate any magazines or books you no longer want or need.
- Wash and freshen up your cushions and blankets. Follow instructions accordingly to wash your blankets and pillow cases to freshen them up.
- Dust those bunnies, baby! I just (finally) bought a new duster for our shelves and books in our living room. Take everything off the shelves for a wipe down and dust!
- Giving your living room a little update never hurt anyone either. Swap out any candles, plants, dishes, or knick knacks that might add some more Spring flair to your home.
- Buy some new plants (and fresh flowers of course) to add that extra spark to your living room!
- Get under that sink and go through those baskets and bins! I actually do this every month or so because with limited space (and no linen closet!) this can get out of control fast. Throw away anything you don't want or use and if there is something that's a good product and you just don't want it, save it for that toiletry swap!
- Scrub the tub and toilet (to the max) because it's one of those things we probably don't do as often as we want to! Bonus -- take a bath afterwards once it's so nice & clean!
- Makeup overhaul! this is something that can get out of control pretty quick (haha) but every few months it's great to go through your makeup, clean it and throw away anything you don't need. Also, a good time to bust out some of those bright Spring/Summer shades in preparation for the new season!
- Wash and replace all your towels. Obviously the washing happens often and not every season, but it's nice to start fresh and switch some towels out for a while after using the same ones often! All the more reason to have nice, fluffy towels on the regular.
- Wash your sheets, bedding & pillows! Because honestly, what is better than snuggling into bed with nice, warm clean sheets?
- Do a once over of your bedside tables! Wipe them down, spruce them up with new books, sprays and goodies. I always love changing mine up every so often and as the seasons change.
- Organizer your dresser drawers -- oh my goodness my top drawer can get pretty hectic pretty easily so I always try to go through it every few months
- Go through your closet and donate anything you don't want or need, as well as switch out your winter gear for your Spring and Summer stuff!
- Get some new candles and sprays to keep everything smelling fresh, always.
- Open those windows, let some fresh air in and fill the room with some flowers and plants!